Mold Found In Downtown Little Rock Hotel - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Mold Found In Downtown Little Rock Hotel.

Posted: Updated:

Little Rock, AR — (KATV)

The Marriott Hotel in Downtown Little Rock confirmed to KATV that part of their renovation is to remove mold from three of the floors.

A viewer sent KATV an e-mail with pictures of several rooms with mold on the walls. Mold from the floor the ceiling. Greg Johnson used to work for American Mill Work in Cabot, Arkansas. A subcontractor that's helping renovate the Downtown Little Rock Marriott.

"At first we didn't know what it was until we started getting sick." Said Greg Johnson as he coughing. Greg had called into work for three straight days after helping to remove some of the mold inside the hotel. He said that is one of the reasons that cost him his job.

The subcontracting company that hired Greg let him go due to poor work performance. KATV reached out to one of those contractors with questions, but didn't comment on the issue.

Neither did the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA did confirm however that this matter is under investigation. They also released a statement saying in part that their inspectors are trained to "…reduce on-the-job hazards and prevent injuries, illnesses and deaths in the workplace."

The Marriott is working on putting together a statement on the mold. They also told KATV that none of the guests who check-in to the hotel are given a room near the 3 floors that are being renovated. Or near any mold.