Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
Last Minute Flights & Cruises to the World's Most Romantic Destinations Starting at $189
NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AirFastTickets.com (http://www.airfasttickets.com), the newly launched online travel-booking service known for generating the lowest-priced fares, conducted a survey to find out what women really want regarding Valentine's Day travel. The results proved women value memorable experiences versus material presents for the most romantic day of the year. Due to these findings, AirFastTickets.com rounded up its best flight and cruise options for vacation seekers.
- 78% of women would prefer a trip to a romantic destination over diamond earrings, a new purse, or even a private dinner catered by a top chef.
- Once the romantic journey is booked, more women would be happiest seeing puppies in every airplane seat than receiving a personal serenade by Adam Sandler (Cue The Wedding Singer) or a head-to-toe makeover.
- Traveling on Valentine's Day without a valentine? Men take note. 42% of women surveyed would be open to giving out their numbers if they were single and someone flirted with them on an airplane.
A trip for every couple at every price **:
- Caribbean Island Cruise – Spend your special weekend cruising the clear blue waters of the Caribbean, share a kayak, or take a snorkeling trip along the coast of private island, Great Stirrup Cay. Departing from Miami, FL on Valentine's Day, this three-night Bahamas cruise is available for a total of $189.
- Hawaiian Hideaway – Escape the winter weather and opt for the sound of waves crashing on the shore. Take up surf lessons and hike Diamond Head Mountain for some outdoor activity in the sweet Hawaiian sun. AirFastTickets.com offers nonstop round-trip flights from Los Angeles to Honolulu for $769 per person. Aloha to that.
- New York City – For fans of Serendipity or Sleepless in Seattle, the Manhattan skyline is the perfect backdrop to your weekend of winter romance. Round-trip flights start at $448 from Dallas, $463 from Las Vegas, and $334 from Miami if you extend your getaway through Monday. Dozens of three-, four-, and five-star hotels have open rooms for less than $200 per night, including the Millennium Hilton Downtown and the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Tribeca.
- Quintessential Paris – Spend Valentine's Day In the romantic capital of the world. Ascend the Eiffel Tower or watch the sunset from Sacre-Coeur, which translates to Basilica of the Sacred Heart, a vantage point where you can enjoy vistas of the Parisian landscape. Round-trip flights from New York City are available for as low as $730 per person.
- Florence, Italy – Explore the heart of a country that is home to some of the world's greatest love stories. Visit vineyards, museums, and gardens that spark romance in all their visitors. Weekend packages start at $1,650 per person and include a three-night hotel stay and round-trip flights from New York.
* Survey questions were administered to over 700 female participants; additional survey results available upon request.
** Prices above were computed on Sunday, February 9th and are subject to change.
Founded in 2009, AirFastTickets is an international online travel agency focused on providing the most efficient, powerful, and valuable travel booking tools on earth for both consumers and businesses. Headquartered in New York City, the company also has offices in Athens, London, and Frankfurt. AirFastTickets believes in better travel through empowering technology. To accomplish this, the company not only builds original products, but also partners with exceptional providers.
Love Your World. Love Travel.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.