Today the nation stops to remember the men and women who have served in the armed forces. There are several events happening around the Birmingham Metro area to honor Veterans.
- The Kelly Ingram VFW is serving breakfast and lunch today to all military and their families. Breakfast will be at 7:30am and lunch starts at 11:00am.
- There will be a special performance today at the Southern Museum of Flight. "Heavier than Air" will feature the Alabama Symphony Orchestra and AROVA contemporary ballet. The first show starts at 11:30am and the second show starts at 7:00pm. Ticket information can be found on the museum's Facebook page.
- In Fairfield....local organizations are coming together to host a community blood drive. They are asking people to sign up for the National Bone Marrow registry. The drive will be at the American Legion from 11:00 – 6:00pm.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham will have a wreath-laying ceremony at 1:00pm. It will be beside Heritage Hall. You can get more information at uab.edu.
- You can watch the oldest Veterans Day parade in our country right here in Birmingham. The annual Veterans Day parade kicks off downtown at 1:30 this afternoon. The parade begins near Linn Park and ends a block from Kelly Ingram Park.