Arrest made in power grid attacks - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Arrest made in power grid attacks

Posted: Updated:
Jason Woodring, 37 Jason Woodring, 37
LONOKE COUNTY (KATV) - An arrest has been made in connection to recent power grid attacks in Lonoke County.

The FBI released a statement saying 37-year-old Jason Woodring is charged with destruction of an energy facility.

Agents had been investigating three power grid attacks that occurred in Lonoke County in two months.

On Friday Lonoke County deputies received multiple calls about an explosion on John Shelton Road in Jacksonville near Woodring's home. 

FBI agents were called to the scene and noticed the explosion was similar to the previous attacks. 

The first of the incidents happened in August, when a high-voltage transmission line in Cabot was intentionally brought down.

On September 29, officials said a fire was intentionally started at Entergy Arkansas's Keo substation.

The message "YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED U.S." was found on a metal control panel outside the station.

October 6th, 10,000 First Electric Cooperative customers near Cabot were without power after lines on two poles were cut just before 7:30 a.m. 

Officials at Entergy released a statement thanking the investigating agencies working on the case, and said protecting the transmission grid is vital to the quality of life for everyone.