Couple Escapes Small Blaze At Sand Springs Home - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Couple Escapes Small Blaze At Sand Springs Home

Posted: Updated:

A Sand Springs couple is doing fine after a small fire at their home Friday morning.

They woke up to the smell of smoke in their bedroom around 1:30am. Sand Springs fire department investigators said the man noticed smoke was coming from near the window air conditioning unit.

He ran outside, yanked the unit from the window and then came back in to put out a small fire. The mattress, which sat near the unit, was smoldering. 

The blaze was out when firefighters arrived. EMSA crews treated the man and woman for minor smoke inhalation.

No one else was hurt.

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...