Mayflower father worries about family's health after moving back - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Mayflower father worries about family's health after moving back home

Posted: Updated:

MAYFLOWER (KATV) - Since the Pegasus pipeline ruptured last month Exxon has promised to buy some of the affected properties. But one homeowner says he can't afford to wait any longer.

"I'm not interested in being part of some experiment of the long term effects of what's in this stuff," said Clint Savoy, a homeowner in the North Woods subdivision.

It's a constant fear Savoy has now that he's moved back into the subdivision. He worries his family's health is in danger regardless of what Exxon officials say. It's something he's already communicated to them.

"They can say it is. But I don't necessarily believe them," he said.

It's one of the reasons why Exxon has offered to buy the homes in the subdivision. But those not directly impacted have to wait an undetermined amount of time before that happens.

"I think it's been two or three weeks since we've been back and we still don't have answers for when we can move out," said Savoy.

So all he can do now is try to find a buyer on his own. But he struggles with putting another family in the same situation he's in.

"If it was somebody I knew I definitely wouldn't," said Savoy. "I wouldn't sell them this home even if I could say, 'Yea you get a good deal,' because, in my opinion, it's not worth the risk."

Either way Savoy has to wait. But he can't help but wonder if waiting may end up hurting his son.

"I don't know what we'd do if we ever found that because we stayed here, because we're here now that we actually harmed him in some way," said Savoy.

Channel 7 reached out to Exxon for comment. They declined an on-camera interview but said that they will be releasing more details on the purchase of homes in the near future.

 

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Three potential cases of respiratory enterovirus D68 in Arkansas

    Three potential cases of respiratory enterovirus D68 in Arkansas

    Friday, September 12 2014 7:22 PM EDT2014-09-12 23:22:07 GMT
    LITTLE ROCK (KATV) – Three samples from three different Arkansas patients are on their way to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta after doctors are concerned they have contracted the Enterovirus D68. The virus has already swept 12 states across the Midwest and Southeast. More >>
    LITTLE ROCK (KATV) – Three samples from three different Arkansas patients are on their way to the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta after doctors are concerned they have contracted the Enterovirus D68. The virus has already swept 12 states across the Midwest and Southeast. More >>
  • Metro Radar

    Metro Radar

  • UPDATE: 15-year-old Little Rock girl shot and killed, suspect arrested

    15-year-old Little Rock girl shot and killed, suspect arrested

    Tuesday, February 18 2014 10:35 PM EST2014-02-19 03:35:48 GMT
    LITTLE ROCK (KATV) - A shooting early Saturday morning has claimed the life of a 15-year-old girl and injured another teen. 15-year-old Adrian Broadway died at Arkansas Children's Hospital. LittleMore >>
    Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of a 15-year-old girl early this morning in Little Rock.More >>