· The most commonly said, yet most commonly ignored: Washing your hands often. Washing your hands multiple times a day during cold and flu season will decrease your chances of catching an illness dramatically.
· Sanitize children's toys. Make sure to sanitize all of your children's toys to help them avoid getting sick. Mix 1/4 a cup of bleach with a gallon of warm water to wipe down the toys. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and lay out to dry before. Cloth or stuffed toys can be thrown in the washing machine to kill bacteria.
· Use that same mixture of bleach and warm water to disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Doorknobs, TV remotes, refrigerator handles and anything else in high-traffic areas of the home.
· Wash all of your bedding! Even your comforter and any other blankets on your bed. Also, clean your pillows. Some pillows can be laundered normally, other pillows (such as feather pillows) require special care, such as dry cleaning.
· Sanitize your thermometer. The easiest way to sanitize a thermometer is just to stick the end of it in a small glass of peroxide.
· Clean your toothbrush or get a new one. You may just want to stick your toothbrush in some peroxide to disinfect as well.
· Disinfect commonly used areas in the kitchen, such as refrigerator/freezer door handles, knobs to cupboards, etc.
· Wipe down your cell phone, and steering wheel/dashboard in your car.
Just cleaning once a week is not enough during cold and flu season. Take 20 minutes a day to wipe these areas down and it will really help.
Wednesday, June 19 2013 12:31 PM EDT2013-06-19 16:31:23 GMT
HOT SPRINGS - A 1997 Ford pickup was pulling a Buick Park Avenue on a utility trailer eastbound on Albert Pike Road Tuesday afternoon when the car came off the trailer and flipped upside down.More >>
HOT SPRINGS - A 1997 Ford pickup was pulling a Buick Park Avenue on a utility trailer eastbound on Albert Pike Road Tuesday afternoon when the car came off the trailer and flipped upside down near the entrance to the Atrium Retirement Community.More >>
Wednesday, June 19 2013 10:25 AM EDT2013-06-19 14:25:43 GMT
CONWAY (Log Cabin Democrat) - A monkey made its way through parts of Conway for a short time Tuesday afternoon after escaping from a veterinarian clinic. Conway Police were able to track down the monkeyMore >>
A monkey escapes from a vet for a short time in Conway. More >>
Tuesday, June 18 2013 3:28 PM EDT2013-06-18 19:28:42 GMT
Catholic High is undergoing some upgrades this summer. Demolition is going on in the hallways to make for new technology. Principal Steve Straessle said while there's no replacement for good teachingMore >>
Construction crews are adding new windows and doors as well as demolishing some of the hallways to make way for new technology.
Bob and Barbara Schmidt dashed to their home on a dirt road in a heavily wooded area northeast of Colorado Springs as smoke from what would become the most destructive wildfire in Colorado history filled the air.More >>
A new wildfire in the foothills southwest of Denver forced the evacuation of dozens of homes Wednesday as hot and windy conditions in much of Colorado and elsewhere in the West made it easy for fires to start and spread.More >>