Holiday Photo Contest
Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
KATV, LLC and Bedford Camera and Video (together, "Sponsor") is conducting this Contest on TV station KATV ("Station").
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Household members who:
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will begin on November 26, 2012 and will continue thereafter through 6p.m. on December 14, 2012. One winner will be announced on December 17, 2012 during the 5p.m. Newscast.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Viewers will be encouraged to take a photo that captures the holiday spirit and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name, where you're from and daytime phone number in the e-mail and submit it to KATV. Viewers may enter as many different photos as they like.
Submitted photos will be judged by Sponsors and the photo that best captures the holiday spirit in the Judges sole and subjective discretion, will win.
There's no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted per-person.
What can I win?
One (1) Canon Powershot SD4500IS Camera
One (1) Promaster 8GB SD Card
One (1) Promaster NB-9L Battery
One (1) Promaster Case
One (1) Table Tripod
Training from staff at Bedford Camera and Video on how to use the Canon Powershot
Two hundred (200) 4X6 prints
Total Retail Value: Five Hundred Dollars ($500).
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning the prize depends on the number of eligible entries received and the subjective merit, as determined solely at the discretion of Sponsor judges, of each photograph.
How will I be notified?
Potential winner will be notified on-air during the December 17th 5pm newscast and by phone number(s) or other available contact information listed on entry.
Will I be responsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from the Sponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prize he/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
Under what conditions will a Prize winner be disqualified an alternate winner selected?
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third party without the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsible for:
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event Sponsor cannot preserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or for any other reason in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant who submitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (as indicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respective owners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used herein solely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize shall be required to execute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: KATV, 401 Main Street, Little Rock, AR 72201.