Ark. Supreme Court orders new trial in quintuple killing - KATV - Breaking News, Weather and Razorback Sports

Ark. Supreme Court orders new trial in quintuple killing

LITTLE ROCK (AP) - The Arkansas Supreme Court says a man convicted in the 2009 shooting deaths of 5 people deserves a new trial.

Samuel Lee Conway had been convicted of 5 counts of capital murder, plus other charges, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. But the high court on Thursday reversed his convictions and sentences and ordered a new trial.

Conway argued that he deserved a new trial because a judge didn't get rid of a juror who said he couldn't be fair to Conway.

The high court sided with Conway, saying that the judge abused his discretion in failing to dismiss that juror.

The justices also said Conway didn't have a fair and impartial trial last year.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.