The successful IT Engineer will provide support to end users on a variety of issues. The technician will also have previous experience identifying, researching, and resolving technical computer related problems. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up. Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Has ability to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and can also exercise independent judgment.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Preferred Professional Experience/Qualifications:
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to act as internal ‘help desk' and provide immediate site support to colleagues with their technical issues.
- Experience in LAN's, WAN's, and WIFI networks.
- Experience with terminating Cat 5e network cable.
- Knowledge of MS Windows XP & 7 Pro, MS Exchange 2007-2013, MS Windows 2003-2012 Servers, Group Policy, and Active Directory.
- Experience and confidence to demonstrate Microsoft Office features to end users.
- Minimum of 3 years experience IT Support and Network Engineering in a corporate environment.
- Provide training and support to staff when required.
- Be able to work variable hours and respond to emergency calls.
- Lift 35 pounds equipment.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Other duties as assign.
If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online, at www.sbgi.net.
- Experience in electronic maintenance or bachelor's degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field OR High School diploma plus 5 years technical experience.
- Microsoft A+ and MCSE certification preferred.
- Experience installing and maintaining networking equipment.
- Experience maintaining Active Directory structure.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!